Wednesday, December 17, 2008




I have a list of people I know,

All logged in my computer.

And now at Christmas time,

I have gone to take a look.


And that is when I realize

That these names are a part,

Not of the computer

They're stored in,

But of my heart.


For each name stands

For someone who has

Crossed my path sometime,

And in that meeting

They've become the rhythm in each rhyme.


And while it sounds fantastic

For me to make this claim,

I feel that I'm composed of

Each remembered name.


And while you may not be

Aware of any special bond or link,

Just meeting you has

Changed my life,

A lot more than you think!


For once I have

Met somebody, the years cannot erase,

Of a pleasant word

or blog or e-mail,

or of seeing your friendly faces here.


So never think

My Christmas blog or e-mails

Are just a mere routine,

Of names upon an address

List, forgotten in between.


For when I do a

Christmas email that

is addressed to you, it's

Because you're on the list

Of people I'm indebted to.


And whether I have

Known you for many years or few,

In some way you

Have been a part

Of shaping things I do.


And now that Christmas

Has come, I realize anew,

The best gift life can offer

Is meeting people like you.


Thank you for caring to know me.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: